Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Summary of the responses we received, along with the government’s response outlining the next steps.
We invite views on how we should provide an extended entitlement of up to 30 hours' free childcare for working parents of 3- and 4-year-olds.
This consultation was held on another website.
This consultation ran from
We’re seeking views on:
- how local authorities should work with childcare providers to provide the entitlement
- how we meet the needs of working parents
- provision for children with special education needs and disabilities
- how local authorities tell parents about locally available childcare
- how local authorities would operate a ‘grace period’ (what happens if a parent loses their eligibility for the entitlement)
Published: 3 April 2016
Updated: 5 November 2016
- Added '30-hour free childcare entitlement: delivery model' government response.
- To give as many respondents as possible the chance to give their views, we have extended the deadline for participating in the consultation by two days. The deadline for responses is now Wednesday, 8 June 2016.
- Corrected consultation end date.
- First published.