Water sector: export help
The Department for International Trade (DIT) helps UK companies export to the overseas water and wastewater sectors.
The UK water sector has expertise in the full water life cycle, from rainfall and drainage, through to discharge and treatment.
The global market for water and waste knowledge and capability will grow substantially in coming years due to:
- climate change
- increasingly water intensive lifestyles
- changing land use
As well as accessing new water sources, countries around the world will need to find ways of using water much more efficiently and sustainably. The water industry is also a major energy user, creating carbon impact which will need to be tackled. This offers huge opportunities for UK companies operating in the water and waste sector.
Government and industry are working in partnership to create more opportunities for UK companies.
How DIT can help
We help UK companies:
- exhibit at major international trade fairs
- attend our workshops, seminars
- take part in our trade missions
- overcome challenges of doing business in overseas markets
- meet key decision makers and potential partners
We do this by:
- working with the main industry bodies and stakeholders
- promoting the UK’s water sector overseas
- helping to develop the UK’s supply chain by working with the sector
- making it easier for companies to access overseas markets
- bringing major overseas opportunities to the attention of UK companies
If you’re interested in exporting your goods or services contact a DIT International Trade Advisor for a free consultation.
We’d like to hear from companies in the water sector wanting to grow their business overseas. Contact our Water team.
Find out about other DIT services for exporters.
Register for DIT events
Register your interest to attend seminars, trade shows and international missions where you can:
- network with potential overseas customers
- demonstrate technologies and products to an international audience
- meet face to face with DIT advisers
The Department for International Trade (DIT) provides free international export sales leads from its worldwide network. Find water export opportunities.
You may need some form of credit guarantee or insurance to protect you against non-payment or other financial issues in certain markets. UK Export Finance (UKEF) can provide extra capital to finance large projects and help grow business.
Consult with a UKEF export finance adviser to find out about trade finance and insurance support.
You can find water sector trade associations on the Trade Association Forum.
- Promotional material