Notices of vehicles seized by the Environment Agency and how to claim them.
The Environment Agency can seize and impound a vehicle, trailer or mobile plant without a warrant if it suspects:
- waste is being carried without a valid waste carriers licence
- the vehicle has been or is about to be used in an alleged waste crime offence
- the waste duty of care is being or has been breached
When a vehicle is seized the police and the registered keeper will be notified in writing.
To claim the vehicle you must register your claim within 15 working days of the date of the notice. Read the actual seizure notice to find out what documents you need to claim the vehicle.
We may need to keep the seized vehicle and any contents for the duration of an investigation or criminal proceedings.
If the vehicle isn’t claimed, or nobody is entitled to it, we may sell, destroy or dispose of the vehicle and its contents.
If you can’t see any notices listed here then there are no current notices.
Vehicle seizure notices
Published: 9 February 2017
Updated: 3 November 2017
- Added two vehicle seizure notices for orange Clark fork lift, serial number M265-2085GEF7455 and green Nissan fork lift, serial number M265-2085GEF7455.
- Added vehicle seizure notice: Fiat Hitachi EX 215.5 360° Track Excavator.
- New vehicle seizure notice: AY03 FTE.
- First published.