UK Trade and Investment Performance and Impact Monitoring Survey (PIMS)
These reports show the results of UK Trade and Investment's (UKTI) client surveys that measure performance and ensure quality of its services.
UKTI has developed an effective performance measurement and monitoring mechanism which ensures:
UKTI can report in detail the value its trade services deliver for business customers and for the UK economy
we understand in detail the impact of our services on our customers
effective performance management and human resource development
PIMS is a client interview survey that gives evidence for the quality of service UKTI provides to business. It is completed by an independent market research company specialising in business surveys. The survey is based on independent telephone interviews with a sample of users of UKTI’s services. These rely on accurate recording of client data on our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
All our client survey interviews are voluntary. Clients are guaranteed anonymity, which removes any bias in the way they respond to questions.
If you have any queries about how PIMS operates or the statistics produced please contact the Economics and Evaluation Team.
Previous reports are available through The National Archives Government Web Archive.
Quarterly client surveys
- UKTI Performance and Impact Monitoring Surveys Q3 2013/14: Summary Results (PIMS 30-33) December 2013
- UKTI Performance and Impact Monitoring Surveys Q4 2013/14: Summary Results (PIMS 31-34) March 2014
- UKTI Performance and Impact Monitoring Surveys Q1 2014/15: Summary Results (PIMS 32-35) June 2014
- UKTI Performance and Impact Monitoring Surveys Q2 2014/15: Summary Results (PIMS 33-36) September 2014
- UKTI Performance and Impact Monitoring Surveys (PIMS 34-37) support delivered July 2013 to June 2014
- UKTI Performance and Impact Monitoring Surveys (PIMS 35-38) support delivered October 2013 to September 2014
Annual client surveys
The survey involved interviews with 300 exporters who have never used UKTI services. It captures evidence on usage of non-UKTI export support, and measures the extent to which firms encounter barriers that give rise to the need for such services.
Last updated 27 March 2015 + show all updates
Added: UKTI Performance and Impact Monitoring Surveys (PIMS 35-38) support delivered October 2013 to September 2014
PIMS 34-37 added
Annual report for 2013 added.
UKTI Performance and Impact Monitoring Surveys Q2 2014/15 added
Q1 2014 - added
Added Q4 2013/14 report to collection.