The fourth UK-wide employer skills survey asked over 87,000 employer establishments about:
- recruitment difficulties and skills lacking from applicants
- skills lacking from existing employees
- underutilisation of employees’ skills
- anticipated needs for skill development in the next 12 months
- the nature and scale of training, including employers’ monetary investment
- the relationship between working practices, business strategy, skill development and skill demand
Underlying data sets are available through the UK Data Service.
The UK Commission for Employment and Skills conducted the previous survey in 2015.
The Department for Education conducted a related survey in 2016.