Information about the Shared Workspace online service, including help and guidance for users.
This service lets businesses and tax agents share sensitive data with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), for example accounts or employee information.
To use the service you’ll need access to a web browser, such as:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Apple Safari
You can adapt the service to meet your own needs, using:
- access management tools to allow or restrict access as required
- folders and databases to help organise your data
- alerts to notify users when documents have been added or edited
- calendars to log key events
- social tools such as forums and polls to generate discussion
Before you use this service, you must check with HMRC whether it’s suitable for you.
If HMRC agrees that the service will meet your needs, you’ll need to nominate someone in your organisation to act as the Customer Organisation Representative (COR). The COR will be the contact point for HMRC to discuss and agree how you’ll use the service.
The COR will need to nominate 2 other people in your organisation to act as Customer Nominated Contacts. They’ll manage access to the service and the data you’ll be sharing.
These guides will help you set up and use the service. They also explain how you manage access for users in your organisation.