The Aiming for Zero programme:
- sets an clear goal for the Agency’s health and safety performance
- confirms Highways England’s leadership role in the industry
- brings together health and safety work across the whole business
Road Workers’ Safety Forum (RoWSaF)
RoWSaF brings together stakeholders from across the highways industry to:
- improve the health, safety and welfare of our road workers
- reduce risks by developing improvements in how we work
For more information, visit RoWSaF’s website.
Safe Use of Roadside Verges In Vehicular Emergencies (SURVIVE) Group
The SURVIVE Group is a partnership with Highways England, the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO), the breakdown/recovery industry and other road service providers.
The SURVIVE Group website gives you advice on how to drive safely in a wide range of conditions and what to do if you need to stop on the hard shoulder.
If you would like more information about road worker safety activities, or have ideas or suggestions which could reduce risks to road workers, please contact the National Health and Safety Team.