List of applications currently being considered for the EU protected food name scheme.
This list includes all the food products from the UK which are currently being considered under the EU protected food name scheme.
This scheme highlights regional and traditional foods whose authenticity and origin can be guaranteed. Food or drink products which are designated under the scheme are given legal protection against imitation throughout the EU.
(Each of the following lists is in alphabetical order.)
Products by country: England
Products by country: Northern Ireland
Products by country: Scotland
Products by country: Wales
Products at national consultation
Products where amendments are being considered
This section covers food products where applications to amend existing registrations are being considered.
Published: 14 September 2015
Updated: 27 July 2017
- Added Sussex wine to the list.
- Removed Darnibole wine from the list because it is now a registered product.
- West Country Lamb and West Country Beef removed as the proposed amendments have been accepted by the Commission and are now registered.
- Removed entries for Welsh perry and Welsh cider as these are now registered products.
- Removed Welsh Laverbread from the list of products being considered as it is now a registered protected food name.
- Removed London Smoked Cure Salmon from applications being considered because it is now a UK registered product.
- Removed West Wales Coracle Caught Sewin from applications being considered as it has been accepted and registered.
- Added West Country Lamb to the list of products where amendments are being considered.
- Added West Country Beef to the list of products where amendments are being considered.
- Updated as West Wales coracle caught salmon has been given PGI status.
- Removed traditionally reared pedigree Welsh pork from the list because it has been given Traditional Specialty Guaranteed (TSG) status.
- Added an application for protected food name status for Ayrshire New Potatoes / Ayrshire Earlies.
- Updated to reflect that Vale of Evesham Asparagus is now a UK registered product under the protected food name scheme.
- Added Cambrian Mountains Lamb, Vale of Clwyd Denbigh Plum, Dundee Cake and Forfar Bridies.
- Updated to reflect that Carmarthen ham and Conwy Mussels are now UK registered products under the protected food name scheme.
- Added section for products being consulted on nationally. Lough Neagh Pollan is being on until 7 March 2016.
- Added Lough Neagh Pollan PDO to protected food names being considered.
- Removed clotted cream from the list of "Products where amendments are being considered" as this application has been rejected.
- Added Pembrokeshire earlies to the list of products where amendments are being considered.
- First published.