Phonics screening check: administration
Check administration guidance (CAG) for headteachers and teachers administering and scoring the phonics screening check.
This collection of webpages is the ‘check administration guidance’ (CAG).
Use this information to:
- understand your statutory requirements for the phonics screening check
- plan for the check
- administer the check
- submit your school’s check results
The 2016 phonics screening check threshold mark is 32. Teachers should check each pupil’s mark against the threshold to establish whether they have achieved the expected standard.
Published: 9 April 2014
Updated: 27 June 2016
- 2016 phonics screening threshold mark added.
- Updated to add guidance for the 2016 test cycle
- Now includes the 2015 phonics screening check materials.
- Content revised for the 2015 phonics screening check administration period.
- Planning wall chart updated for the 2014 to 2015 academic year.
- First published.