The Government Communication Service (GCS) is the professional body for people working in communication roles across Government. Our aim is to deliver world-class communications that support Ministers’ priorities, improve people’s lives and enable the effective operation of our public services. We serve both politicians and the public.
The GCS website provides a start-point for engaging with the professional community and to find out about the latest in communications case studies and techniques, as well as accessing the learning, qualifications and opportunities available to help develop our capability.
Career opportunities and professional development
The GCS encourages communications professionals to move across roles to broaden their skills and experience. It also provides a competency framework and a core curriculum of professional development to ensure GCS professionals can deliver world class campaigns.
Government Communication Profession
For more information on GCS events and training courses: 020 7276 2295
The GCS has set a range of professional standards. These include mandatory evaluation of communications activity, and completion of over 4 pieces of professional development during the year, as part of the evaluation framework. In addition communications leaders are expected to:
- play an important role in department’s leadership teams, supporting strategy and ensuring communications are clear and targeted
- listen to our audiences, providing feedback and insights to ensure messages and strategy is refined
- develop creative ways to communicate our policies
- defend and explain policies to the media and other stakeholders
- join up messages and act as liaison to No10, HM Treasury, Arms-Length Bodies, and other government departments
- identify and manage risk through communications and engagement
The service we provide to departments.
DESIGN102, the GCS Design Centre who provide creative design, print and publication services across government.
Published 14 October 2015