Information about the Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) Engineering Management Nuclear Undergraduate Apprenticeship Scheme.
Earn while you learn! (…and forget about university debt).
Have 3 to 5 years developing at our expense on the DE&S Nuclear Undergraduate Apprenticeship scheme, a fresh new scheme offering an unrivalled opportunity to obtain an Engineering Degree (BEng) while, at the same time, earning a good salary with the Ministry of Defence (MOD).
The Nuclear Undergraduate Engineering Apprentice Scheme is opening for applications in autumn 2016.
We offer you:
- a very competitive salary and an exciting introduction to MOD work, while, at the same time, we sponsor you through your engineering degree at university!
- highly interesting placements in the UK, significant numbers of which are not available in private industry
- a huge investment and emphasis on your personal training and development
- a wide variety of exciting and rewarding career opportunities supporting the nation’s defence
- the fastest route available to the prestigious ‘Incorporated Status’ in engineering
At the end of your 3 to 5 year Nuclear Undergraduate Apprenticeship with us you will have:
- a university degree in engineering
- a fantastic career in engineering
- no university debt
- a breadth of engineering experience
- travelled a long way towards Incorporated Status …and all of this at our expense!
This is an exciting, challenging and exceptional opportunity to be involved in the UK Ministry of Defence submarine and strategic weapons programmes.
If you have 5 GCEs at grade C to A*, including english, mathematics and Science (preferably physics); plus have, or be studying for, 3 A levels, including mathematics minimum grade B, science (preferably physics) minimum grade B; plus 1 other at minimum grade C (excluding general studies), then you could join this amazing MOD Defence Equipment and Support ‘Nuclear Undergraduate Apprenticeship Scheme’.
A National Diploma in Engineering is also acceptable (distinction star level).
Please see the factsheet document for further details regarding qualifications, the selection process and the structure of the scheme.
MOD projects are fascinating, valuable, unique and sometimes highly classified.
This scheme is the first exciting step in your engineering career with the Ministry of Defence!