Documents for software suppliers and anyone else interested in past collections of the annual children in need census.
If you are looking for documents for the current or future children in need census collections, visit our guide to submitting data for the children in need census.
The documents on this page relate to recently closed children in need census collections, including:
- the scope of the collection
- technical specifications
- what data needed to be submitted to us by local authorities
You can find documents related to earlier children in need collections on the National Archives website. Note: the search function is not available on archived content so please use the filters on the left of each page.
2015 to 2016 census information and technical guides
2014 to 2015 census information and technical guides
2013 to 2014 census information and technical guides
Published: 25 November 2013
Updated: 21 October 2016
- Added census information and technical guides from the now-closed 2015 to 2016 census.
- Added census information and technical guides from the 2014 to 2015 census.
- This page now only contains documents relating to closed children in need census collections.
- Added: XML generator compatible with Excel 2007
- Children in need census 2013 to 2014: COLLECT reports guide added
- Added 2013 to 2014 XML schema files
- First published.
From: Department for Education