This Collection brings together 2020 honours lists.
Learn more about the honours and how to nominate someone for an award.
The honours system strives to be proportionally representative of UK society.
The Queen’s Birthday Honours List demonstrates the breadth of service given by people from all backgrounds from all across the UK. Of the 1,495 people who received an award:
- 1,358 candidates have been selected at BEM, MBE and OBE level:
- 537 at BEM
- 561 at MBE
- 260 at OBE
- 1,069 (72%) of the recipients are people who have undertaken outstanding work in their communities either in a voluntary or paid capacity
- 740 women are recognised in the List, representing 49% of the total
- 13% of the successful candidates come from a BAME background (previous highest was 12% in NY19)
- 6% of the successful candidates consider themselves to have a disability (under the Equality Act 2010)