Government departments save over £4 million on postal services
A centralised procurement by the Crown Commercial Service for postal services is saving government departments over £4 million a year.
The customer requirement
Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, the Department for Work and Pensions and the Driver Vehicle and Licensing Agency were all looking to put in place a bulk mail postal service.
Their aim was to seek a supplier(s) with the right product range, experience and competitive pricing. They were also keen for the successful supplier to work with them to achieve efficiencies and savings by forming a strategic partnership.
The Crown Commercial Service facilitated a centralised procurement of bulk mail postal services for the departments, covering a combined total mail volume of over 400 million items each year.
The successful supplier, UK Mail Ltd, is providing the departments with:
- significant cost savings
- dedicated and experienced category, account and contract management structures with significant strategic partnership experience
- tailored management information that facilitates service level agreement (SLA) and key performance indicator (KPI) compliance reporting
- commitment to undertake mail audits and consultancy to identify further opportunities for continuous improvement
- identification of quick win cost saving initiatives
- innovative solutions for short and long term cost savings plans
By combining their requirements the 3 departments are now saving over £4 million a year on their postal services.
Our postal goods and services agreement is available to all public sector organisations. To find out more about how your organisation can making savings on your postal services:
Email the team at email@example.com
Call us on 0345 410 2222.