Racing pigeons immediately released after entry to the European Union and Northern Ireland: certificate 8465

Apply online for an export health certificate (EHC) to export racing pigeons from Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) to the EU or move it to Northern Ireland.

Apply for an export health certificate online

If you’re in England, Scotland or Wales, from 1 January 2021 you’ll need to apply for an export health certificate (EHC) using the online service to export to the EU or to move racing pigeons to Northern Ireland.

If you’re in Northern Ireland, you do not need an EHC to export to the EU. Contact DAERA on 02877 442 060 to find out what you need to do.

1. Check what you need for your export

Find out about the requirements for export in the guidance notes and specimen certificate.

2. Apply online

You’ll need:

  • a Government Gateway account
  • a Defra account

If you don’t already have them you’ll need to register for these accounts, and so will your official vet or inspector.

Start now

Registration takes around 5 minutes. Official vets and inspectors will also need to have their registration checked by APHA.

Register and sign in as an official vet or inspector.

Read the accessibility statement for this service.

Find out more

Stay up to date with any changes to EHCs by signing up for email alerts.

Find out about getting an EHC.

Find out about exporting live animals and animal products from 1 January 2021.

Help with your application

In England, Scotland and Wales, call APHA on 03000 200 301.

In Northern Ireland, call DAERA on 02877 442 060.

Find out about call charges.

Published 24 May 2022
Last updated 22 July 2022 + show all updates
  1. Guidance notes updated - section regarding II.1.2 (a) amended, new link to Avian Influenza Export Health Certification Check added.

  2. First published.