Class 2 Medicines Recall: Sodium Cromoglicate 2% w/v 13.5 mL Eye Drops
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- 18 May 2017
- Last updated:
- 19 May 2017, see all updates
- 18 May 2017
- Alert type:
- Drug alert
- Medical speciality:
- General practice and Pharmacy
FDC International Ltd is recalling the batches listed below as a precautionary measure due to a precipitate observed in the bottles.
FDC International Ltd.
Sodium Cromoglicate 2% w/v 13.5 mL Eye Drops
|Batch Number||Expiry Date||Pack Size||First Distributed|
|GJW6071||June 2018||13.5 mL||21 September 2016|
|GJW6072||June 2018||13.5 mL||21 September 2016|
Brief description of the problem
FDC International Ltd is recalling the batches listed above as a precautionary measure due to a precipitate observed in the bottles. All remaining packs of the listed batches should be quarantined and returned to your supplier.
For stock enquiries, please contact Santosh Amoncar on:
Recipients of this Drug Alert should bring it to the attention of relevant contacts by copy of this letter. NHS Regional Teams are asked to forward this to community pharmacists, relevant clinics and dispensing general practitioners. It is not necessary to forward this notice to non-dispensing GPs.
Published: 18 May 2017
Updated: 19 May 2017
Issued: 18 May 2017
- Please note the following update to the previously issued Drug Alert for this product: For logistical reasons, it has been requested that all remaining packs of the listed batches should be quarantined and returned to your supplier rather than to the address listed in the previous Drug Alert.
- This is a class 2 alert not class 4 as previously notified
- First published.
Alert type: Drug alert