You must hold a licence issued by Transport for London (TfL) if you want to work as a private hire vehicle (PHV) driver in London.
Request an application pack from TfL.
To apply for a PHV licence you must:
- be at least 21 years of age
- have held a full Great Britain (GB), Northern Ireland (NI) or European Economic Area (EEA) driving licence for at least 3 years
- have the right to live and work in the UK
- have an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- have a medical examination with your doctor
- take a topographical (route finding) skills test
You must to include the fees when you submit your application.