Vehicle licences for taxis or private hire vehicles

Skip to contents of guide

Where to apply

To operate your vehicle as a taxi or private hire vehicle (PHV) you need to get it licensed.

There are different ways for you apply depending on whether you’ll operate:

There is a different process for Northern Ireland.