Collective (group) passports

Skip to contents of guide

Supporting documents

Each application must include:

  • a nationality questionnaire and parental consent form for each child
  • a collective passport photo identity card for each child
  • one supporting letter for the whole application

The nationality questionnaire and consent form (‘CPNQ’ form) must be filled in by the person who can give consent for the child to travel. They must fill in either the:

Details of who can give consent are on the form.

Request collective passport photo identity cards

Email your request for collective passport photo cards to Your email should include:

  • the number of cards you need
  • the full name and address of the school or organised group
  • a contact name and phone number

Complete collective passport photo identity cards

Each card must be filled in with the child’s details exactly as they appear on their nationality questionnaire and parental consent form.

You must attach a recent passport-sized photo to each card.

Rules for photos

The photos:

  • should be of a similar quality to standard passport photos
  • should not have been previously used on another document
  • must not be laminated or photocopies

You can use:

  • a school photo - as long as it does not have ‘proof’ written across it
  • printed digital photos

The group leader must complete their own details and sign the photo cards before submitting the application.

Each child must sign their card before they travel.

Supporting letter

Each application must include one supporting letter on headed paper confirming consent to the trip.

If the group is going abroad to perform (for example, in a sports competition) the letter must say:

  • all members of the group are amateurs
  • they will not get any payment

If children from more than one organisation are travelling together, you need a supporting letter from each organisation.

The letter must be signed - digital or photocopied signatures are not accepted.

The table shows who can supply and sign the supporting letter.

Type of organisation Who can supply and sign the supporting letter
School The head teacher, a member of the board of governors or the education authority from each school making up the party
Scout or guide group The assistant county or area commissioner or someone from Association Headquarters
Football or rugby club Someone from the local football association or the league chairperson or secretary
Swimming or judo clubs Someone from the national headquarters
Youth orchestras or choirs Someone from the local education authority, or the vicar for church groups
Army or Airforce cadets The commanding officer or someone from the services authority
Clubs or youth clubs Someone from the local authority where the club is registered, or the national headquarters
Registered charities The director or a person in a similar position in the organisation