Date of referral: 5.1.16
Final determination deadline: 5.7.16
20 June 2016: The CMA has published its final determination in 2 superfast broadband price control appeals.
- Order of the CMA (20.7.16)
- Final determination report (20.6.16)
- Appendices and glossary (20.6.16)
- Press release: CMA determination published in superfast broadband appeals (20.6.16)
Appeal group appointed
5 January 2016: The Competition Appeal Tribunal (CAT) has referred price control matters in 2 telecoms appeals to the CMA over restrictions to the charges BT is permitted to make for use of its superfast broadband network. BT is required to allow other operators to use its fibre broadband network to sell superfast broadband to consumers under a process known as ‘virtual unbundled local access’ (VULA).
- Press release: CAT refers superfast broadband price control appeals to CMA (6.1.16)
- Ofcom decision
- CAT case page: British Telecommunications PLC v Office of Communications
- CAT case page: TalkTalk Telecom Group PLC v Office of Communications