Rough gas storage undertakings review
The CMA reviewed the Rough undertakings, relating to the completed acquisition by Centrica of Dynegy Storage and Dynegy Onshore Processing UK.
- Published on 5 November 2015, in accordance with paragraph 3.18 of CMA 11. Any revisions made to the timetable will be published on this website.
|May 2016||Notice of variation/signed undertakings|
|April 2016||Final deadline for all parties’ responses before notice of variation/signed undertakings|
|April 2016||Final report decision/notice of intention to vary published|
|March 2016||Final deadline for all parties’ responses before final report|
|4 March 2016||Provisional decision and notice of possible variation published|
|January 2016||Deadline for all parties’ responses/submissions required before provisional findings|
|November 2015||Publication of initial issues statement; and initial information requests|
Varied undertakings accepted
26 May 2016: The CMA has accepted varied undertakings from Centrica and Centrica Storage Limited relating to the Rough gas storage facility.
- Notice of acceptance of varied undertakings (26.5.16)
- Varied undertakings (26.5.16)
- Varied undertakings showing amends (26.5.16)
- News story: CMA accepts varied Rough undertakings (26.5.16)
Decision to vary undertakings
22 April 2016: The CMA has decided that undertakings relating to the Rough gas storage facility should be varied.
Responses to provisional decision to vary undertakings
- Centrica Energy Marketing and Trading (Centrica plc) (29.3.16)
- Centrica Storage Limited (29.3.16)
- EDF Energy (29.3.16)
- Ofgem (29.3.16)
- SSE Hornsea Limited (29.3.16)
Provisional decision to vary undertakings
4 March 2016: The CMA has provisionally decided that undertakings given by Centrica plc and Centrica Storage Ltd, relating to the Rough gas storage facility, should be varied.
- Provisional decision (4.3.16)
- Notice of proposals to accept varied undertakings (4.3.16)
- Proposed undertakings (4.3.16)
- Press release: CMA provisionally decides to vary Rough undertakings (4.3.16)
As part of its evidence-gathering process, the CMA is holding formal hearings with a range of industry participants and interested parties.
Responses to issues statement
- Centrica Energy Marketing and Trading (Centrica plc) (3.12.15)
- Centrica Storage Limited (PDF, 1.7Mb) (3.12.15)
- EDF Energy (3.12.15)
- Ofgem (3.12.15)
- ScottishPower (PDF, 1.6Mb) (3.12.15)
- SSE Hornsea Limited (PDF, 1.7Mb) (3.12.15)
5 November 2015: The issues statement identifies the issues the panel members propose to focus on and invites views on these, as well as any areas not covered.
- Issues statement (5.11.15)
- News story: CMA publishes issues statement and timetable for Rough review (5.11.15)
Review group appointed
27 October 2015: The CMA has appointed the group for the review of the undertakings. Jon Stern was appointed on 27 November 2015.
Decision to undertake review
27 October 2015: Following consultation, the CMA has decided to review the undertakings in relation to the completed acquisition by Centrica plc of Dynegy Storage Ltd and Dynegy Onshore Processing UK Ltd (the Rough undertakings).
The review will consider whether there has been any change of circumstances such that any of the current undertakings should be varied or revoked.
- Decision statement (27.10.15)
- News story: CMA to review Rough gas storage undertakings (27.10.15)
Consultation on review (22.9.15)
- Invitation to comment (22.9.15)
- CSL and Centrica proposed changes to undertakings (PDF, 1.01 Mb) (22.9.15)
- CSL and Centrica application for a variation to the undertakings (22.9.15)
- Rough undertakings (22.9.15)
- CSL’s and Centrica’s request for an indication of the CMA’s prioritisation principles (PDF 1,07 Mb) (22.9.15)
- CMA’s letter of indication of prioritisation (22.9.15)
Published: 27 October 2015
Updated: 26 May 2016
Opened: 27 October 2015
Closed: 26 May 2016
- Varied undertakings published.
- Final decision published.
- Responses to provisional decision published.
- Provisional decision and hearing summaries published.
- Timetable updated.
- Responses to issues statement published.
- Additional review group member appointed.
- Timetable and issues statement published.
- First published.