|March to April 2017 (estimate)||Receipt of written and oral representations on the statement of objections|
|December 2016||Statement of objections issued|
|September to December 2016||Further information gathering and analysis of information requests|
|September 2016||Decision to continue with the investigation|
|August 2016 to September 2016||Investigation and analysis including further information requests and stakeholder meetings|
|March to July 2016||Initial investigation: information gathering, including issuance of formal or informal information requests and parties’ responses. CMA analysis and review of parties’ responses to information requests. Potential state of play meetings with parties under investigation|
|March 2016||Investigation opened|
Statement of objections
16 December 2016: The CMA issued a statement of objections alleging that Actavis UK has breached UK and EU competition law by charging excessive and unfair prices in relation to the supply of hydrocortisone in the UK.
- Press release: Pharmaceutical company accused of overcharging NHS (16.12.16)
- The investigation is under Chapter II of the Competition Act 1998 (CA98) and Article 102 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU).
- No conclusion should be drawn that there has been an infringement of competition law at this stage and the recipients of the statement of objections will now have an opportunity to respond to the allegations.
- The CMA will consider any representations it receives before any decision is taken as to whether competition law has in fact been infringed.
- Further detail of the CMA’s procedures in Competition Act 1998 cases is available here: CMA’s procedures in Competition Act 1998 cases.
- Changes to the timing of original entries in the case timetable will be made where the estimated timing changes.
Assistant project director
Emma Ngoga (0203 738 6752, firstname.lastname@example.org)
James MacBeth (0203 738 6958, email@example.com)
Senior responsible officer
Andrew Groves (0203 738 6927, firstname.lastname@example.org)