Pearson VUE / learndirect's computer-based testing merger inquiry
The CMA investigated the anticipated acquisition by Pearson Professional Assessments Limited of learndirect Limited’s computer-based testing business.
|Phase 2 date||Action|
|6 January 2016||Merger reference cancelled|
|16 December 2015||Merger reference made|
Merger reference cancelled
- Cancellation of merger reference (6.1.16)
- News story: Pearson VUE/learndirect’s CBT business merger inquiry cancelled (6.1.16)
Terms of reference
16 December 2015: The CMA has referred the anticipated acquisition by Pearson VUE of learndirect’s computer-based testing business for an in-depth phase 2 investigation.
- Terms of reference (16.12.15)
|Phase 1 date||Action|
|7 January 2016||Decision published|
|2 December 2015||Decision announced|
|7 October to 20 October 2015||Invitation to comment|
|7 October 2015||Launch of merger inquiry|
- News story: CMA refers computer-based testing merger for in-depth investigation (16.12.15)
- Reference decision (7.1.16)
Reference unless undertakings accepted
The full text of the decision is available below.
- Press release: Computer-based testing merger could lessen competition (2.12.15)
- Full text decision (7.1.16)
Launch of CMA merger inquiry
7 October 2015: The CMA announced the launch of its merger inquiry by notice to the parties.
- Commencement of initial period notice (7.10.15)
Published: 7 October 2015
Updated: 7 January 2016
Opened: 7 October 2015
Closed: 6 January 2016
- Decisions published.
- Merger reference cancelled.
- Reference decision announced and terms of reference published.
- Decision announced: reference unless undertakings accepted.
- First published.