- Published on 24 November 2015, as required by the CMA’s approach to the variation of existing remedies (CMA11). Any revisions made to the timetable will be published on this website.
|20 April 2016||Final decision published|
|15 March 2016||Provisional decision published|
|18 December 2015||Final deadline for all parties responses/submissions required before provisional decision|
|November 2015 to January 2016||Consideration and analysis of written submissions and other evidence|
|November 2015||Publish statement of issues|
|30 October 2015||Publication of CMA decision to undertake a review|
Final decision to release undertakings
20 April 2016: Following consultation, the CMA has decided that FirstGroup plc should be released from its undertakings.
- Final decision (20.4.16)
- Notice of release from undertakings (20.4.16)
- Press release: CMA releases FirstGroup plc bus undertakings (20.4.16)
Provisional decision to release undertakings
15 March 2016: The CMA has provisionally decided that undertakings given by FirstGroup plc, relating to the completed acquisition by FirstBus plc of SB Holdings Ltd in 1996, should be released.
- Provisional decision (15.3.16)
- Notice of intention to release undertakings (15.3.16)
- Press release: CMA set to release FirstGroup plc bus undertakings (15.3.16)
As part of its evidence-gathering process, the CMA is holding formal hearings with a range of industry participants and interested parties.
- Traffic Commissioner for Scotland (15.3.16)
- Lothian Buses (9.3.16)
- SEStran, Falkirk Council and East Lothian Council (9.3.16)
- SPT (9.3.16)
- Age Scotland (16.2.16)
- McGill’s Buses (16.2.16)
- Stagecoach (16.2.16)
- Transport Focus (16.2.16)
Response to issues statement
- FirstGroup (15.2.16)
25 November 2015: The issues statement identifies the issues the panel members propose to focus on and invites views on these, as well as any areas not covered.
- Issues statement (25.11.15)
- Press release: CMA publishes issues statement for FirstGroup review (25.11.15)
Review group appointed
30 October 2015: The CMA has appointed the group for the review of the order.
Decision to undertake review
30 October 2015: Following consultation, the CMA has decided to review the undertakings in relation to the completed acquisition by FirstGroup plc of SB Holdings Ltd.
The review will consider whether there has been any change of circumstances such that any of the current undertakings should be varied or revoked.