- Competition and Markets Authority
- 26 February 2016
- Last updated:
- 18 July 2016, see all updates
- 26 February 2016
- 18 July 2016
- Case type:
- Case state:
- Market sector:
- Household goods, furniture and furnishings and Retail and wholesale
- Mergers - phase 1 clearance
The CMA investigated the completed acquisition by Beijer Ref AB (publ) of HRP Holdings Limited.
|Phase 1 date||Action|
|18 July 2016||Decision published|
|7 June 2016||Decision announced|
|11 April to 25 April 2016||Invitation to comment|
|11 April 2016||Launch of merger inquiry|
|26 February 2016||Initial enforcement order|
CMA clearance decision
7 June 2016: The CMA has cleared the acquisition by Beijer Ref AB (publ) of HRP Holdings Limited. The full text of the decision is available below.
- Full text decision (18.7.16)
Invitation to comment: Now closed
11 April 2016: The CMA is considering whether it is or may be the case that this transaction has resulted in the creation of a relevant merger situation under the merger provisions of the Enterprise Act 2002 and, if so, whether the creation of that situation has resulted, or may be expected to result, in a substantial lessening of competition within any market or markets in the United Kingdom for goods or services.
Launch of merger inquiry
11 April 2016: The CMA announced the launch of its merger inquiry by notice to the parties.
- Commencement of initial period notice (11.4.16)
Initial enforcement order
25 February 2016: The CMA served an initial enforcement order under section 72(2) of the Enterprise Act 2002 on Beijer Ref AB (publ) in relation to the completed acquisition by Beijer Ref Ab (Publ) of HRP holdings Limited.
- Initial enforcement order (26.2.16)
- Derogation 4 April 2016 (8.4.16)
Please send written representations about any competition or public interest to:
Competition and Markets Authority
Published: 26 February 2016
Updated: 18 July 2016
Opened: 26 February 2016
Closed: 18 July 2016
- Full text of the decision published.
- Clearance decision announced.
- Launch of merger inquiry and invitation to comment issued.
- Derogation published.
- First published.