You can't apply for this licence online. Contact your local council.


You need a club gaming permit if you run a members’ club or a miners’ welfare institute and have gaming machines.

You need the permit if you want to provide:

  • up to 3 gaming machines (each of which must fall within category B, C or D
  • facilities for equal chance gaming (eg poker)
  • facilities for certain prescribed games of chance (eg pontoon)

Apply for a permit from the Licensing Board of your local council. You will have to pay a fee with your application.

You may have to pay Machine Games Duty on any gaming machines you have on your premises.