You can claim money (eg redundancy pay, wages you’re owed, holiday pay) if you’ve lost your job because your employer has been made insolvent.

Use this service if:

  • you’ve been made redundant because your employer is insolvent
  • you have a case reference number (you get this from the insolvency practitioner)
  • you have your National Insurance number
  • you have an email address
  • you’re a national of the UK, the European Economic Area or you’re a Commonwealth citizen with permission to work in the UK

Start now

Before you start

The following may help you with your claim:

  • your official letter of redundancy
  • your employment details, including dates and how much you were paid
  • your holiday entitlement and the number of days of holiday you’ve taken
  • details of any money you’re owed by your employer
  • copies of any letters sent to or received from your employer or an employment tribunal
  • details of any money you still owe to your employer
  • your bank or building society details (so you can get paid)

Help using the service

Contact The Insolvency Service if you need help using the service.

The Insolvency Service
Telephone: 0330 331 0020 (select option 2)
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (except Wednesday, 10:30am to 5pm)
Find out about call charges