Use this service to claim money if your employer owes you a redundancy payment or other money like wages, holiday and commission.
Your employer must be unable to pay you, for example because they’re insolvent.
There’s a different service if you need to claim for loss of notice pay.
To be eligible you must:
- be a UK or EEA national (or foreign national with the right to work in the UK)
- have been an employee at the business
If you’re not eligible (for example you’re a contractor) register as a creditor instead.
- a ‘CN’ (case reference) number
- your National Insurance number
- an email address
- your bank or building society details (so you can get paid)
- the date you became redundant (if you lost your job) - this can be found on your official letter of redundancy
- your employment details, including dates you were employed and how much you were paid
- details of any money you’re owed by your employer
- the number of holiday days you’re entitled to and holiday days you’ve taken
- copies of any letters sent to or received from your employer or an employment tribunal
- details of any money you still owe your employer
Before you start
Help using the online service
Contact the Insolvency Service if you need help using the service.
The Insolvency Service
Telephone: 0330 331 0020 (select option 2)
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (except Wednesday, 10:30am to 5pm)
Find out about call charges