Check if your university or college can award a degree

Skip to contents of guide

Recognised awards

Certain bodies or institutions can award their own unique degrees. These are known as ‘recognised awards’.

Recognised award Institution or body
Mastership in Clinical Biochemistry Awarded jointly by:

Royal College of Physicians
Royal Society of Chemistry
Royal College of Pathologists
Association for Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine
Degree of Barrister-at-Law Benchers of the Honourable Society of the Inn of Court of Northern Ireland
Degree of the Utter Bar Inns of Court
Master of Horticulture Royal Horticultural Society
Mastership in Chemical Analysis Royal Society of Chemistry
Mastership in Food Control Awarded jointly by:

Royal Society of Chemistry
Society of Biology
Institute of Food Science and Technology