You’ll need a visa to study in the UK

The visa you apply for depends on your circumstances.

Apply for a study visa if you’re coming to the UK to study a university or college course for more than 6 months, or more than 11 months if it’s an English language course.

You can apply for a Short-term Study visa if you’re 16 or over and studying an English language course for 11 months or less.

You can also apply for a child study visa if you’re under 18.