This government programme helps businesses get strategic business advice on:
- finance and cash flow
- recruiting and developing staff
- improving leadership and management skills
- marketing, attracting and keeping customers
- making the most of digital technology
Some businesses will be randomly chosen to get a voucher of up to £2,000.
The voucher can pay for up to half of the cost of the advice. You or the supplier will claim this money back, depending on your agreement.
Before you start
Your business must:
- have 249 employees or fewer (including any employees of companies that own a stake in your business)
- be registered in England
- actively sell goods or services
- be independent (ie no more than 25% is owned by other businesses or organisations)
- have a turnover of less than €50 million
If you have 19 employees or fewer and turn over less than €4 million, you might be eligible for the separate Small Business Charter Growth Voucher programme. You can only apply for one of the programmes.
What you’ll need
You’ll need the following things to complete your application:
- Companies House registration number or Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) from HMRC
- registered business address
- business turnover details
- VAT registration number (if you’re registered)
- PAYE number (if you have one)
- contact phone number
- email address
You’ll be asked to take part in surveys about the programme whether or not you get a voucher.