Apply for a child performance licence

A child under school leaving age may need a licence if they take part in certain events.

The person in charge of the event must apply to the child’s local council for a child performance licence. Do this at least 21 days before the event.

Use the child’s postcode to find the right council.

For example SW1A 2AA

Find a postcode on Royal Mail's postcode finder

What you need to know

Ask the council if you’re not sure you need a licence. If you do, the child must be supervised by an approved adult.

The rules are different in Northern Ireland.