Documents you must provide
For each person on the application you’ll need to provide:
- a current passport
- 2 passport size colour photographs
- one passport size colour photograph of your European Economic Area (EEA) national (or British citizen) sponsor
- your EEA family member’s valid passport or national identity card
- evidence of your relationship to your EEA family member - such as a marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate, birth certificate, or proof that you’ve lived together for 2 years if you’re unmarried
You also need to provide proof of one of the following, depending on your eligibility:
- that your EEA family member has a permanent right of residence
- that your EEA family member is a ‘qualified person’
- that you qualify because of a ‘retained right of residence’
- that you qualify for a ‘Surinder Singh’ application
You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
Read the guidance on the application form relevant to you, either:
- application for a family member, form EEA (FM)
- application for an extended family member, form EEA (EFM)
You must also pay £19.20 to have your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo) taken. You’ll be told how to do this after you’ve applied.