Apply for this licence

Start now


Apply to the Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) to change your tourist accommodation premises to a different category.

The categories for tourist accommodation are:

  • hotels
  • guest houses
  • bed and breakfast establishments
  • self-catering establishments
  • hostels
  • bunk house/camping barn
  • campus accommodation
  • guest accommodation

How to apply

Download an application form from the NITB website or call NITB.

02890 441545
Find out about call charges

You must include an inspection fee which varies depending on the category.


Your premises will be re-inspected and a new certificate will be issued if you meet the required minimum standards for the new category.

You must not hold your premises out as being in the new category until the certificate has been issued.