You can be fined up to £1,000 if you don’t tell DVLA about a medical condition that affects your driving. You may be prosecuted if you’re involved in an accident as a result.

Car or motorcycle licence

You must tell DVLA if your aortic aneurysm is over 6 centimetres in diameter despite treatment. Ask your doctor or consultant if you’re not sure.

If you need to tell DVLA, fill in form H1 and send it to the address on the form.

Bus, coach or lorry licence

You must tell DVLA if you have an aortic aneurysm of any size.

Fill in form VOCH1 and form B1V and send them to DVLA. The address is on each form.