3. Documents you must provide
When you apply you’ll need to provide:
- a current passport or other valid travel identification
- bank statements to show you’ve enough money to support yourself
- your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
You’ll need to have a blank page in your passport on which to put the visa.
You’ll also need to provide:
- your full birth certificate
- your marriage certificate or civil partnership registration document if your husband, wife or civil partner wants to join you
- the full birth certificates of the parent and grandparent your ancestry claim is based on
- marriage certificates for your parents and grandparents if they were married
- legal adoption papers if you or your parents are adopted
- evidence that you’re planning to work in the UK, for example job offers you’ve received or a business plan if you’re self-employed
You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.