- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 12 February 2015
- Date of occurrence:
- 23 September 2014
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing and Sport aviation and balloons
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Field investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Denney Kitfox and Cessna F177RG
- Near St Neots, Bedfordshire
- G-TOMZ and G-AZTW
Collided while airborne, near St Neots, Bedfordshire, 23 September 2014.
Two aircraft collided in visual meteorological conditions in Class G airspace; neither aircraft was receiving an ATC service. The investigation concluded that the accident occurred because neither pilot saw the other aircraft in sufficient time to take effective avoiding action.
Published: 12 February 2015
Date of occurrence: 23 September 2014