British Embassy Budapest
Füge utca 5-7
Telephone +36 (1) 266 2888
Fax +36 (1) 266 0907
Email (trade and investment enquiries) email@example.com
Email (consular enquiries) firstname.lastname@example.org
Embassy - General Opening Hours
- Monday to Thursday, 10 am to 4 pm
- Friday 10 am to 2 pm
Consular Section Opening Hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 9.30 – 12.30.
Public holidays in 2018
|Monday 1 January||New Year`s Day||UK + H|
|Thursday 15 March||1848 Revolution||H|
|Friday 30 March||Good Friday||UK + H|
|Monday 2 April||Easter Monday||UK+H|
|Tuesday 1 May||Labour Day||H|
|Monday 21 May||Whit Monday||H|
|Monday 28 May||Spring Bank Holiday||UK|
|Monday 20 August||St Stephan’s Day||H|
|Monday 27 August||Summer Bank Holiday||UK|
|Tuesday 23 October||1956 Revolution||H|
|Thursday 1 November||All Saints Day||H|
|Monday 24 December||Christmas Eve||H|
|Tuesday 25 December||Christmas Day||UK + H|
|Wednesday 26 December||Boxing Day||UK + H|
The British Embassy is located near Mechwart liget on the Buda side of the city. Parking is difficult to find around the Embassy so we recommend that you take a taxi or use public transport.
Customers with disabilities
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the British Embassy in Budapest wish to ensure that their services are accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people.
To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of disabled access to this embassy. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access
- Entrances. For security reasons, the entrances are obstructed. However, our security staff can provide access once the usual security procedures have been completed
- Steps and staircases. The Consular Section is on the ground floor of the building, and physical facilities are in place to provide easy access for visitors with mobility issues. The road immediately outside the Embassy is steep, however. Embassy staff are happy to meet disabled visitors at the entrance and escort them to the Consular Section waiting room.
- Lifts. No lift is required to reach the Consular Section. There is a lift suitable for disabled visitors to other areas of the building.
- Toilets. There are toilets on all floors of the Embassy buildings. There is a toilet on the ground floor for wheelchair-users and those with limited physical mobility that can be used by visitors to the Consular Section. Please ask for assistance from a member of staff for access to this facility
- Parking. For security reasons, there is no visitor parking at the Embassy building. Paid parking is available in the surrounding streets, subject to availability.
- Floor coverings. Floor coverings are safe and even, but the usual care should be taken to avoid slipping
- Handrails are not widely available
- There is a wheel chair ramp to the front entrance of the embassy building.
- Doors are generally easily accessible to all users. Where they are not, a member of embassy staff will be able to assist
- Lighting is good
- Emergency/evacuation. A member of our security team will be able to assist disabled visitors in the event of an emergency/evacuation
- Phones are accessible to wheelchair users
Access for visually-impaired visitors
- signs are in both Hungarian and English, are clear, easy to read, and use internationally-recognisable symbols
- guide dogs are welcome
Access for deaf/hard of hearing visitors
- hearing loops are not installed
- minicom and textphones are not installed
- sign language. No member of the current staff has sign language ability. However, if a visitor to the Embassy requires someone to assist with sign language, and they give enough notice, the Embassy will endeavour to provide one
- professional signing interpretation is not available. However, if a visitor to the Embassy requires someone to interpret using sign language, and they give enough notice, the Embassy will endeavour to provide one
- hearing dogs are welcome
All visa enquiries are now provided by an external commercial partner.
Visa applications to travel to the UK must be made in advance online through the TLS Contact website
Should you need to contact UK Visas & Immigration (including status updates, supporting documents and guidance) please visit the UKVI website
If you need to visit us or use our services and feel that they may be inaccessible to you, please contact a member of our Corporate Services section, by calling the Embassy on 00 361 266 2888. We will try to find an alternative way of providing access for you.