Use this service to:
- update your name or address on your approved driving instructor (ADI) registration
- agree to keep your professional skills up to date
- agree to the voluntary ADI code of practice
- publish your details on the find your nearest driving instructor service
- view your standards check (previously called ‘check test’) history
This service is available from 6am to 11:30pm.
Start now on the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency service
Before you start
You need your:
- online user ID from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
Your user ID and password
You can find your user ID on letters you get from DVSA. It’s not the same as your ADI personal reference number.
Email DVSA if you’ve never had, or have lost, your user ID. You must include your:
- ADI personal reference number or driving licence number
- date of birth
Rules for passwords
You can’t use any of your 5 previously used passwords.
Your password must be at least 9 characters long. It must include at least 3 of the following:
- uppercase characters, such as A B C
- lowercase characters, such as a b c
- numeric digits, such as 1 2 3
- special characters, such as £ % &
Help with updating your details
Email DVSA to get help updating your details online.
There’s a different process to update your Northern Ireland ADI registration.