Youth Mobility Scheme visa (Tier 5)


You can apply for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa if you’re aged 18 to 30 and you’re from:

  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Japan
  • Monaco
  • New Zealand
  • Hong Kong
  • Republic of Korea
  • Taiwan

You can also apply if you’re 18 to 30 and a:

You can’t apply if you have:

  • children who live with you
  • children you’re financially responsible for
  • already been in the UK under the scheme or in the former ‘working holidaymaker’ category


You must have £1,890 in savings.

Sponsorship: citizens of Hong Kong and the Republic of Korea

You must get a certificate of sponsorship reference number before you apply.

A certificate of sponsorship is a unique reference number that holds information about the job you will do and your personal details. It’s not a certificate or paper document.

You must apply for your visa within 3 months of receiving your certificate of sponsorship.

Get a certificate of sponsorship

Apply for a certificate of sponsorship in: