Temporary Worker - Seasonal Worker Visa (Tier 5)


You must be 18 or over when you apply and have both of the following:

  • a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor
  • at least £945 that’s been in your bank account for 90 days before you apply - this is to prove you can support yourself

You will not need £945 in savings if your sponsor is fully approved (‘A-rated’) and has stated on your certificate of sponsorship that they’ll provide accommodation and food for your first month. They’ll also need to state that you will not claim benefits during your stay.

Certificate of sponsorship

A certificate of sponsorship is a reference number which holds information about the job and your personal details. It’s not an actual certificate or paper document.

Your sponsor will give you your certificate of sponsorship reference number.

You’ll need to add your certificate of sponsorship reference number to your visa application form - you can only use it once.

Your certificate of sponsorship is valid for 3 months from the date it’s assigned to you.

Multiple entry

Your sponsor can give you a multiple entry certificate of sponsorship so you can leave and return to the UK.