Temporary Worker - Religious Worker visa (Tier 5)


You must have both of the following:

  • a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor
  • £945 in savings - to prove you can support yourself (you must have had it in your bank account for 90 days before you apply)

You will not need £945 in savings if your fully approved (‘A-rated’) sponsor has stated on your certificate of sponsorship that they’ll certify your maintenance and that you will not claim benefits during your stay.

Certificate of sponsorship

A certificate of sponsorship is a unique reference number that holds information about the job you’ll do and your personal details. It’s not an actual certificate or paper document.

Your sponsor will give you the certificate of sponsorship.

Your sponsor must also give you the information they used on your certificate about your job, for example your working hours.

Your sponsor must be recognised by the UK government to issue certificates of sponsorship.

Your certificate of sponsorship is valid for 3 months from the date it is assigned to you.

Multiple entry

Your sponsor can give you a multiple entry certificate of sponsorship so you can leave and return to the UK.