You can apply for a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Religious Worker) visa if:
- you want to do religious work, such as preaching or working in a religious order
- you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- you meet the other eligibility requirements
You must have a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor before you can apply to come to the UK to work.
The work you do in the UK must relate to your sponsor organisation’s work.
How long it will take
The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before the date you’re due to start work. This date is on your certificate of sponsorship.
You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
Check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.
How much you pay for a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Religious Worker) visa depends on your situation, where you are and how you apply.
|Who you’re applying for||Apply (outside the UK)||Extend or switch in the UK (standard service)||Extend or switch in the UK (premium service)|
|If you’re a citizen of Turkey or Macedonia||£189||£189||£799|
|All dependants||£244 each||£244 each||£854 each|
How long you can stay
You’ll be given a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 24 months, or up to 28 days more than the time on your certificate of sponsorship. You may be sponsored for a shorter period.
You can enter the UK up to 14 days before the start date of your job.
What you can and cannot do
- study - for some courses you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate
- work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
- do a second job in the same sector at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week outside the hours of your main job
- do a job on the Tier 2 shortage occupation list for up to 20 hours per week outside the hours of your main job
- bring family members with you
You cannot get public funds.