Switch to this visa
You can apply to switch into a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) visa while you are in the UK if you want to continue working for your current employer and you:
- have a work permit
- work for an overseas government or international organisation
You should apply before your current visa expires.
How long you can stay
You can stay for 2 years or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus up to 28 days, whichever is shorter.
How to switch your visa
You can apply online.
If you want to apply in person to get a quick decision, follow the instructions in the online application or form.
You can add dependants to your online application - including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
You must also provide your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo).
You can give your biometric information at:
You’ll get a biometric residence permit if your application to extend your visa is successful.
|Who you’re applying for||Apply online or by post||Apply in person|
|If you’re a citizen of Turkey or Macedonia||£189||£799|
|All dependants||£244 each||£854 each|
How long it takes
A decision will be made:
- within 8 weeks for online and postal applications
- usually on the same day if you use the premium service
You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, for example:
- if your supporting documents need to be verified
- if you need to attend an interview
- because of your personal circumstances, for example you have a criminal conviction
Once you’ve applied you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expired.