Taking a second job

You can take a second job on this visa if you’re working up to 20 hours a week in either:

You can also do unpaid voluntary work.

Otherwise, you’ll need to apply for a new visa. You’ll need to be sponsored by your second employer and get a new certificate of sponsorship.

When to apply for a new visa

You cannot apply for a new visa until you’ve started work with your first sponsor.

You cannot start work with your second sponsor until your visa application has been approved.

How to apply

Read the guidance before you apply online.

You must be in the UK to apply.

Documents you must provide

You’ll need to provide some documents with your application.

You must also include a letter with your application explaining that you want to change your current permission to stay.

Your letter must state:

  • your name
  • your date of birth
  • your current certificate of sponsorship reference number
  • the date when your current permission to stay runs out