Access to £200,000 investment funds

You can apply for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa if you have access to £200,000 in investment funds and you can prove that the money is either:

  • your own
  • made available to you by other people (‘third parties’), such as a spouse, partner or investor
  • in a joint account with your spouse or partner but only if they are not applying for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa

The funds must be held in the UK if you’re applying for leave to remain.

Previous investment

You can also apply if you’ve invested £200,000 in a UK business. You must have invested the funds less than 12 months before you apply.

Apply as a former Tier 4 student

If you’re in the UK and hold a Tier 4 student visa, you must follow the rules for applying with £50,000 funding.

Apply if you’re in the UK on a Tier 1 (General) visa

If you’re in the UK on a Tier 1 (General) visa, you can only apply with £200,000 of your own funds if you:

  • have been involved in running one or more UK businesses (for example you’re listed as a company director) since before 6 April 2015
  • have been working in a job on the list of occupations at the regulated qualifications framework level 4 and above since before 6 April 2015