Documents you'll need to apply
When you apply for your Student visa you must provide:
- a current passport or other valid travel documentation
- a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your course provider
You may also need to provide:
- proof you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course - this will vary depending on your circumstances
- a valid ATAS certificate if your course and nationality require it
- proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
- proof of your relationship to your parent or guardian if you’re under 18
- your tuberculosis test results
- written consent for your application from your financial sponsor if you’ve received sponsorship for your course fees and living costs in the last 12 months
You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances. Read the guidance for the full list of documents you’ll need to provide.
You need a blank page in your passport for your visa if you need to give your biometric information (fingerprints and a photograph) at a visa application centre. You’ll be told if you need to do this when you apply.
If you’re under 18
If you’re under 18 you’ll need written consent from both parents or legal guardians (or one parent if they have sole responsibility).
This must include their consent for:
- your visa application
- your living and care arrangements in the UK
- your travel to the UK
You’ll also need to provide a copy of your birth certificate (or another government issued document) that shows the names of your parents.