From St Edmundsbury Borough Council


Contact the council to find out if you need a licence to trade in the street in England and Wales.

You might not need a street trading licence if you have a pedlar’s certificate - contact the council to find out.

How to apply

Contact the council for the area where you want to trade. You will have to tell them where and when you want to trade.

You might have to provide two photographs of yourself.

You might have to pay a fee.

The council can refuse to give you a licence, or give you one for fewer days and times than you asked for. There might be a waiting list.

Fines and penalties

If you don’t obey the conditions of your licence, it can be suspended or withdrawn, or you can be fined up to £1,000.

If you trade without a licence, you can be fined up to £1,000.

The issuing authority for this licence is St Edmundsbury Borough Council (change location)

You can contact them using the details below.

West Suffolk House
Western Way

IP33 3YU