Sex shop and cinema licence (England and Wales)

From Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council

How to apply

1. Application for a sex shop and cinema licence

To run a sex shop – i.e. any premises selling sex toys, books or videos - you may need a licence from the Licensing Authority issued under the provisions of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982. To run a venue where explicit films are shown to members of the public, you also need a licence from the Licensing Authority. However, you may apply to the Licensing Authority requesting them to waive the requirement of a licence.

Apply online

The issuing authority for this licence is Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council (change location)

You can contact them using the details below.

Civic Centre
Regent Street