Beta This is new guidance. Complete our quick 5-question survey to help us improve it.
Assisted digital and digital take-up community
The assisted digital and digital take-up community exists to develop knowledge and awareness across government of how to:
- design assisted digital support
- encourage digital take-up
Who the community is for
You might be interested in this community if your work involves:
- procuring, designing or managing assisted digital support
- working on channel shift strategies to increase the percentage of people using your digital service
If you want to discuss how to understand the user needs that influence these strands of work, join the User research community.
If you want to discuss how to measure the effectiveness of assisted digital support or digital take-up initiatives, join the Performance and data analysis community.
Join the Assisted digital and digital take-up Google group to discuss issues related to assisted digital and digital take-up (request access using your government email address).
If you can’t access any of these discussion spaces, please email email@example.com for help.
Training and events
The 6-day Service manager induction training includes half a day’s training on assisted digital.
Use these resources to learn more about assisted digital and digital take-up in government:
Assisted digital blog - assisted digital stories from across government
GDS blog – assisted digital - stories from GDS about the assisted digital and digital take-up programme
Assisted digital and digital take-up in the Service Manual
These guides show what we currently believe is best practice in assisted digital and digital take-up for government services:
- Assisted digital support: an introduction
- Designing assisted digital support
- How your assisted digital support will be assessed
- Encouraging people to use your digital service
Help us keep the Service Manual up to date by:
- contributing to community discussions
- telling us if something is wrong or out of date using the feedback link at the top of each guide