Six-day GDS Academy course on the role of a service owner in a digital role, for new service owners.
This GDS Academy course is for people who have recently become or about to become service owners.
This is currently the only course to carry a charge. Please contact us on email@example.com to discuss this.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to give service owners the basic knowledge, a network of colleagues, and the confidence to take the lead in transforming digital services.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- identify user needs from a range of research sources
- explain the user-centred design and development of a digital service
- demonstrate a practical understanding of agile working
- evaluate what your team needs to do to build a quality service and pass a Digital Service Standard assessment
- Why are we here
- Design principles
- User research
- Thinking agile
- Being agile
- Meeting the service standard
- Technology for digital services
- Supporting people to use your digital service
- Design and agile
- Data-driven services
- Procurement and spend control
- Government as a platform
- Building the team
- Experience share
- Digital leadership
The course takes 6 working days. It usually runs from 9am to 5:30pm.
This course is for service owners who are new to the role and will be working on the development of a digital service.
|London||9 to 11 January and 23 to 25 January 2018|
|London||6 to 8 February and 20 to 22 February 2018|
|London||6 to 8 March and 20 to 22 March 2018|
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- the course you’re applying for
- your name
- your job title and organisation
- a short explanation of the services, projects or programmes you’re currently responsible for, or will be in the future
We can’t offer you a place on this course if you don’t include this in your email.