Six-day GDS Academy course on the role of a service owner in a digital role, for new service owners.
This GDS Academy course is for people who have recently become or about to become service owners.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to give service owners the basic knowledge, a network of colleagues, and the confidence to take the lead in transforming digital services.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- identify user needs from a range of research sources
- explain the user-centred design and development of a digital service
- demonstrate a practical understanding of agile working
- evaluate what your team needs to do to build a quality service and pass a Digital Service Standard assessment
- Why are we here
- Design principles
- User research
- Thinking agile
- Being agile
- Meeting the service standard
- Technology for digital services
- Supporting people to use your digital service
- Design and agile
- Data-driven services
- Procurement and spend control
- Government as a platform
- Building the team
- Experience share
- Digital leadership
The course takes 6 working days. It usually runs from 9am to 5:30pm.
This course is for service owners who are new to the role and will be working on the development of a digital service.
This course costs £1,128 (not including VAT) for each person.
To book a place on this training:
- your organisation must have a training agreement with the Academy
- you must have permission from your line manager
Training locations and dates
This course takes 6 working days over 2 weeks.
There are no available courses currently. We will publish course dates as soon as they are available.
GDS Academy training locations
Find out how to get to our training locations in Leeds, London and Newcastle.
How to apply
Email email@example.com with:
- the course you’re applying for
- your name
- your job title and organisation
- a short explanation of the services, projects or programmes you’re currently responsible for, or will be in the future
We can’t offer you a place on this course if you don’t include this in your email.