Six-day GDS Academy course on the role of a service owner in a digital role, for new service owners.
This GDS Academy course is for people who have recently become or about to become service owners.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to give service owners the basic knowledge, a network of colleagues, and the confidence to take the lead in transforming digital services.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- identify user needs from a range of research sources
- explain the user-centred design and development of a digital service
- demonstrate a practical understanding of agile working
- evaluate what your team needs to do to build a quality service and pass a Digital Service Standard assessment
- Why are we here
- Design principles
- User research
- Thinking agile
- Being agile
- Meeting the service standard
- Technology for digital services
- Supporting people to use your digital service
- Design and agile
- Data-driven services
- Procurement and spend control
- Government as a platform
- Building the team
- Experience share
- Digital leadership
This course is for service owners who are new to the role and will be working on the development of a digital service.
The course takes 6 working days. It usually runs from 9am to 5:30pm.
This course costs £1,128 (not including VAT) for each person.
Training locations and dates
All Service owner courses are fully booked until 2019.
New course dates
We publish course dates around 4 times a year. Subscribe to our newsletter to know about new course dates, courses and programmes.
GDS Academy training locations
Find out how to get to our training locations in Leeds, London, Manchester and Newcastle.